The South Shore YMCA understands you may be concerned about your health and safety when traveling to and staying at our Camp Burgess & Hayward properties on Cape Cod, MA. We want to assure you that guest concerns are important to us and that we consider it a top priority to protect your health during your visit.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and have adapted our cleaning processes and practices to maintain the most sanitary environment possible. Although the risk to MA residents remains low at this time, we are diligently following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and Massachusetts Department of Public Health. We are informing our staff of the best ways they can keep themselves and our guests healthy in addition to evaluating our policies to minimize the impact on our guests.
We will continue to use the COVID-19 page of our website to keep you updated as the situation evolves. You can be assured that we are committed to creating and maintaining a healthy and welcoming environment for all.
Here is what Camp Burgess & Hayward is doing to help:
We continue to clean to a high standard using commercial grade disinfectant solutions that are designed to kill viruses – specifically Coronaviruses. We are focusing on frequently touched surfaces such as counters, door handles, knobs, light switches, bunk railings/ladders and other fixtures. We are also stockpiling cleaning products and making them available to staff in all departments to keep their areas clean and disinfected.
We have strict sanitation procedures that we follow regularly that are put in place and monitored by our local health departments. In addition, we are doing the following:
- Refreshing our full-time staff in proper protective habits to help ensure guest and staff safety
- Communicating current information to seasonal staff regarding proper safety habits.
- Providing additional hand sanitizing stations around the property for guest and staff use.
- Integrating regular hand washing into YMCA-facilitated programming.
- Increasing our regular cleaning after each meal to include the disinfecting of entry/exit door handles, knobs, and chairs.
- Deep cleaning bathrooms each day with commercial grade disinfectant solution and disinfecting bathroom touch-points throughout the day.
- Installing informational signage in cabins and bathrooms to promote healthy habits among our staff and guests.
A team of leaders from departments across the organization is meeting regularly to monitor the situation and ensure our current processes and policies align to create the healthiest environment possible for both our guests and our staff.
Staff are receiving regular information about how to stay healthy and keep their personal and work spaces clean and disinfected. They are reminded regularly to practice good hygiene habits and take extra precautions as necessary.
Staff are encouraged to stay home when feeling sick and to keep their supervisors informed of any health concerns.
Leadership is taking direction from local, state and federal health officials regarding best practices for protecting the health of individuals of large groups staying in close proximity.
Outdoor Education & Retreat Groups
- If you are feeling sick, do not attend programs at our property.
- Concerns will be discussed with our group leaders on a case-by-case basis, with focus on groups arriving during our spring season.